JASCO 2023 Japanese Language Speech Contest Applications accepted through Feb. 17, 2023
Since 1999, the Japan-America Society of Central Ohio (JASCO) has been hosting the annual Ohio Japanese Speech Contest to promote Japanese language learning in the state of Ohio. The Contest showcases achievement in Japanese language learning and presents ideas and experiences that promote JASCO’s mission, that is to enrich lives by bringing Ohio’s Japanese and American communities together.
The 2023 Ohio Japanese Speech Contest will be a single open category. Two top speeches will be recognized with the competition awards. In addition, special awards may also be given in such categories as College, High School, and Best Pronunciation.
Participants of the finals will perform from memory an original speech of their own creation in front of a panel of judges and audience. Following the speech, the panel of judges will ask questions related to the speech. The Q&A portion is conducted in Japanese as well.
More details at: https://www.jas-co.org/ohiojapanesespeechcontest
- Check your eligibility at https://www.jas-co.org/ohiojapanesespeechcontest
- Consulate the Ohio Japanese Speech Contest 2023 Handbook for details
- Submit your online application (including short synopsis or original Japanese speech) by February 17, 2023.
- Finalists will be notified by JASCO by March 3, 2023 and submit a full speech by March 10, 2023.
- Finalists will perform their speeches online on (Sunday) March 25, 2023.
To apply, please submit the following 4 items via email by Feb. 17, 2023 to JASCO at email@example.com:
2023 Japanese Language Speech Contest is organized by JASCO and made possible through support from Consulate General of Japan in Detroit, Japan Foundation, Ohio Association of Teachers of Japanese (OATJ), Japanese Student Organization at OSU, Central Ohio Japanese Association of Commerce (COJAC), and Institute for Japanese Studies, and a U.S. Department of Education Title VI grant to The Ohio State University East Asian Studies Center.