As one of America's largest and finest public research universities, The Ohio State University is committed to students' discovery of their passions, development of their skills, and attainment of career-related experiences in preparation for becoming contributing citizens of the world. The Office of Student Life offers a website, Buckeye Careers, with numerous resources for undergraduates, graduate and professional students, continuing education students, employers, alumni, faculty/staff, and parents/family. For job and internship opportunities, please visit OSU's portal: handshake.
Many of OSU's colleges also offer targeted career services, as follows:
- Career Connection (open to students of all levels in any department)
- Colleges of the Arts and Sciences (career success office)
- College of Business (career services office)
- College of Education and Human Ecology (career services office)
- College of Engineering (career services office)
- College of Food, Agricultural, and Environmental Sciences (career services office)
- College of Public Health (career services office)
- University Career Services Committee (career-related event list)
The Ohio State University offers various internship programs for students interested in gaining work experience relevant to East Asia and international careers in general. Examples include:
- Teraoka Seiko Co., Ltd. Internship in Japan (Institute for Japanese Studies)
- Washington Academic Internship Program (John Glenn College of Public Affairs)
- Global Leadership Academy at Wuhan University, China (Global Gateways, East Asian Studies Center)
- China Gateway Internship Programs (Global Gateways)
The Institute for Japanese Studies created the Ohio-Japan Alumni Network (OH-JAN) to connect alumni from Japanese programs in Ohio with current students of Japanese. Through talks and video clips at http://go.osu.edu/ohjan, students can learn what our alumni do after graduation.
The East Asian Studies Center and other area studies centers offer region-specific career resources on their websites, jointly organize an International Careers Week each spring and other career-related events throughout the year, and guide students to potential careers in their regions. For upcoming East Asia-related or international career events, see our events calendar.