Since 1999, JASCO has been hosting the Annual Japanese Speech Contests, offering an opportunity for Japanese-language learners to showcase their achievements. The objective of this event is to foster Japanese language education throughout the state of Ohio by supporting the continued effort of local public schools and colleges to improve the quality of the Japanese-language learning environment. The winners of the contest will receive scholarships and various other prizes that will encourage them to continue studying Japanese language. This competition not only provides highly motivated students across the state with the chance to improve their Japanese language skills, but also inspires and encourages others to broaden their understanding of Japan, its culture, and the strong ties between Japan and United States. More details at: http://jas-co.org/SpeechContest
- High School Level
- College Level
- Advanced Level
6 Easy Steps to Particpate:
- Check your eligibiilty at http://jas-co.org/SpeechContest
- Write an original speech on a topic of your choice.
- Practice and record your speech (under 3 minutes).
- Submit your application via email by Feb. 7, 2020.
- JASCO will annouce the finalists in Feb. 2020.
- Finalists will perform their speeches on Mar. 14, 2020.
To apply, please submit the following 4 items via email by Feb.7, 2020 to JASCO at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Completed Application Form with your signature
- Original Japanese essay (handwritten or typed) using designated paper (found on JASCO's website)
- English translation of your speech.
- Audio recording (mp3 format prefered) of your speech
2020 Japanese Language Speech Contest is organized by JASCO and made possible through support from Consulate General of Japan in Detroit, Japan Foundation, Ohio Association of Teachers of Japanese (OATJ), Japanese Student Organization at OSU, Central Ohio Japanese Association of Commerce (COJAC), and Institute for Japanese Studies at OSU.