Undergraduate STEM FLAS Fellowships
The East Asian Studies Center seeks applications each year for Foreign Language and Area Studies (FLAS) Fellowships. These fellowships are available to undergraduate students of junior or senior standing in a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) field who have successfully completed two years of East Asian language study at the college level. Funded by the U.S. Department of Education's Title VI program, applicants must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents to apply (international students are not eligible).
Summer fellowships are expected to cover $5,000 in tuition and also provide a $2,500 stipend. Academic Year fellowships are expected to contribute $10,000 towards tuition and also provide a $5,000 stipend. Subject to approval, FLAS fellowships may also be used for foreign language and area studies at other U.S. or foreign institutions.
NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS: Detailed award guidelines and application procedures for the 2015 competition can be found in the application form, available in fillable PDF format:
Application Deadline: Monday, February 2, 2015
For Further Information
Students are also invited to attend one of EASC's FLAS information sessions, to be held as follows:
- Wednesday, November 19, 2014, 12:00 - 1:00 p.m., 122 Oxley Hall
- Friday, November 21, 2014, 3:00 - 4:00 p.m., 388 Hagerty Hall
- Monday, November 24, 2014, 4:00 - 5:00 p.m., 388 Hagerty Hall
- Thursday, December 4, 2014, 2:30 - 3:30 p.m., 122 Oxley Hall
- Friday, December 5, 2014, 10:30 - 11:30 a.m., 122 Oxley Hall
- Thursday, December 11, 2014, 3:30 - 4:30 p.m., 122 Oxley Hall
- Monday, January 12, 2015, 12:00 - 1:00 p.m., 122 Oxley Hall
Please RSVP to email@example.com with your name and the date of the session you plan to attend. For students not able to attend an information session, a copy of the presentation material will be available here in mid-November.
Any questions about the East Asian Studies Center FLAS Fellowship program should be directed to Amy Carey.
Some links on this page are to .pdf files. If you require these materials in alternate format contact our web manager.