The Institute for Japanese Studies helps promote internship opportunities available to OSU students:
Teraoka Seiko Co., Ltd.
- Place: Tokyo, Japan
- Term: Summer 2018 (mid-May through early August)
- Salary: Unpaid internship (meals and housing provided, travel support ($500+) toward airfare available)
- Eligibility: Undergraduate student, 2 years of Japanese, hold U.S. passport
- Deadline: February 28, 2018
- Teraoka flyer: Teraoka_summer_2018_flyer.pdf
- Application: Online link
- Reference: Online link
Ohio-Saitama Company Internship Program (1991-2014):
From 1991 - 2014, the Institute for Japanese Studies facilitated the selection of students from Ohio schools in the Ohio-Saitama Company Internship Program (OSCI) for 5 week summer internships in Saitama Prefecture, Japan and overseas the Saitama-Ohio Company Internship Program (SOCI) for placement of individuals from Saitama prefecture to learn about Ohio businesses. The program discontinued in 2015.