Where can I find information about Chinese classes offered at The Ohio State University?

Chinese language courses at The Ohio State University are offered through the The Department of East Asian Languages and Literatures (DEALL). Phone: 614 292-5816. Inquiries regarding the Chinese Flagship Program at the Ohio State University can be made directly to the Program Manager. Phone: 614 247-8906.

I'd like to study in China through an OSU study abroad program. Who should I contact?

Ohio State University study abroad programs are managed by the Office of International Affairs (OIA). You can contact OIA at 614 292-6101.

Are evening Chinese classes offered anywhere in Central Ohio?

The Office of Continuing Education at the Ohio State University sometimes offers non-credit Evening Conversational Chinese Courses. For information, call 614 292-8571 or check their website to see what is currently available.

I need to have something translated into Chinese (or from Chinese into English). Who should I contact?

ICS does not currently offer translation or interpretation services. However, the The Department of East Asian Languages and Literatures (DEALL) and the Chinese Flagship Program at Ohio State may be able to provide advice or assistance in locating these services. DEALL:614 292-5816 or the Chinese Flagship Program:
614 247-8906.

I am interested in working at ICS. Are there any vacant positions?

When a staff position is available at ICS, it is posted on the OSU Career Site. Please follow the application procedures posted on that website. ICS does not accept applications directly.

I am an employer looking to hire someone who speaks Chinese. Can ICS help me?

ICS maintains several email groups for students, alumni, and those interested in China-related employment opportunities. All requests for job postings must be sent in writing to easc@osu.edu. ICS staff will then forward the posting on to the appropriate email groups. Those interested in the position will contact you directly.

I'd like to donate China-related books to The Ohio State University. Who should I contact?
ICS does not currently accept direct donations of books, journals, or other printed matter. We simply do not have space for them in our office. If you would like to donate China-related materials, please contact Dr. Guoqing Li at the OSU Libraries Chinese Collection. Phone: 614 292-9597.

I am planning a trip to China and would like some advice. Who should I contact?

ICS does not advise travelers to China. Please consult the China National Tourist Office in New York: 888 760-8218.

How can I obtain a visa to live in China?

For all visa-related matters, please contact the Consulate General of the People’s Republic of China in New York at 212 244-9456.

I am planning to visit Columbus. Could you recommend some places near campus to stay?

Blackwell Hotel and Conference Center

The Blackwell is conveniently located on the grounds of the Fisher College of Business on the campus of The Ohio State University, The Blackwell features the very best in guest service and comfort, and the highest levels of technology and resources. For reservations and information, call 614 247-4000.

The Holiday Inn Express & Suites

The Holiday Inn Express & Suites is located on 3045 Olentangy River Rd., a few minutes drive from Campus. Reservations: 614 447-1212

The University Plaza Hotel and Conference Center

The University Plaza is located on Olentangy River Road, approximately 1.5 miles from OSU campus. Shuttle service to campus is available. Reservations: 614 267-7461

Fairfield Inn & Suites Columbus OSU

Located on Olentangy River Road, near the University Plaza Hotel. Reservations: 614 267-0904