The Institute for Chinese Studies is pleased to co-sponsor the following OSU conference:
& Trade Conference
February 8, 2019
8:30 AM - 3:00 PM
William B. Saxbe Law Auditorium
55 W. 12th Avenue
Columbus, Ohio 43210
Trade is not a zero-sum game, in fact, many would say that trade is a positive sum game (why would a country sign an agreement they don’t see as beneficial to their interests?). But yet, economic nationalism is on the rise, as evidenced by the current trade policies of the United States.
Join us on February 8, 2019, as The Risk Institute, Moritz College of Law, Fisher College of Business and the College of Food, Agricultural and Environmental Sciences examine the legal, business and economic consequences of U.S. trade policy through an interdisciplinary lens.
More than a dozen speakers representing a diverse cross-section of expertise have been invited, including:
- Dr. Michael Drake (President, The Ohio State University)
- Kathy Baylis (Associate Professor, University of Illinois)
- Will Martin (Senior Research Fellow, International Food Policy Research Institute)
- Kathleen Clausen (Associate Professor of Law, University of Miami School of Law)
- Moritz College of Law
- The Risk Institute
- Fisher College of Business
- College of Food, Agricultural and Environmental Sciences
CONFERENCE WEBSITE: tba
REGISTER BY: January 31, 2019 11:59 PM Eastern Time
This Economic Nationalism & Trade Conference, to be held at The Ohio State University, is supported by OSU's Institute for Chinese Studies, East Asian Studies Center.