Need K-12 Educators for Japan Project
Grant received to support Ohio teachers for projects with schools in Japan, upgrading the resources to teach about Japan, and access to them
The Institute for Japanese Studies at The Ohio State University has received a 3-year grant from The Japan Foundation Center for Global Partnership (CGP) to strengthen the infrastructure to produce future leaders through educational outreach, career development and professional development in the State of Ohio and in the Midwest.
The grant will help fund the following projects with Ohio educators:
- Exchange of Discovery Boxes about Ohio and Japan link (Powerpoint Point Presentation)
- Video letter exchanges between schools in Ohio and Japan
- Updating of IJS’s Discovery Boxes (physical and virtual)
- Creating online modules with content to teach about Japan
- Outreach Workshops that focus on resources to teach about Japan
If interested, please contact Janet Stucky Smith at the Institute for Japanese Studies: firstname.lastname@example.org or 614-292-3345.
For more information, please visit our website: http://easc.osu.edu/ijs