Jeremy Wallace (Ph.D., Stanford University, 2009), Assistant Professor, studies the politics of non-democracies, particularly China, as well as urbanization, development, and redistribution. He is working on a book manuscript, Cities and Stability: Urbanization, Migration, and Authoritarian Resilience in China, examining how cities represent serious threats to autocratic regimes and how the Chinese Communist Party has managed its urbanization to maintain its rule.
- Contemporary Chinese politics
- Urbanization, development, and political participation
- Ph.D., Stanford University, Political Science (2009)
- Language Certification, Beijing University, Chinese (2000-06)
- B.A., Indiana University, Economics and Political Science (2002)